First of all, we're ok! I know our town made national news, with a small-town flooding disaster of epic proportions, so to my friends and family across the globe, be rest-assured the Harnjo household is safe and dry. I haven't found any close friends that lived in the flooded part of the city, but a few had flooded basements, I think mostly due to the amount of rain we got the first part of the week. I know of others who couldn't leave their neighborhood because the only street out of it was impassable, and another friend who tried to cross a flooded street, only to get stuck and had to push the car out of the water... I hear this flood broke the record high river level set back in 1913 of 18.5 feet!!
Please keep the more unfortunate of my city neighbors in your thoughts and prayers as more than 900 people have been displaced from their homes.
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yoko- So glad to see this about your house- I'd been thinking alot about you with all th news. I love your vacation pics- and I can't get over how much Andersen reminds me of Ben- of course, with slightly darker skin and hair, but he has the same smooth round cheeks and the same smile that tells you he knows more than he's telling!!! I'll try to get some pics up soon from OUR vacation... When you see it, you'll know where you have to go next year!!
Beth
Post a Comment