Niagara Falls, Canada: Ahh, the majestic falls; one of God's mightiest show of nature. I'd been here 3 times before, but it was new to me all over again because this time I was with my own family.

Great close-up view of the Horseshoe falls along the sidewalk. It was a HOT day but the mist from the water cooled us down.

Aboard the Maid of the Mist. A must do on the lengthy list of tourist attractions here. Someone was kind enough to take a family shot for us. I told Hendrik it would be a wet ride. I tried to stay under cover on the lower deck, but boy did he ever want the full experience! Hendrik stood right up there, amongst the many other brave souls, at the forefront of the boat. As we approached the falls, it was like being stuck in the middle of a hurricane. Refreshing sure, as we had been baking in the rain ponchos they provided us as waited in line to board. But you should've seen Hendrik - dripping wet from neck up. Andersen didn't like the ride much. He got scared of the wind and noise.

We stopped at a souvenir super store, and their storefront was an attraction in itself. Hendrik wanted to show that he had successfully gone to Canada, and Andersen and I posed in a frame made for such purposes!
On our way back to Ohio, we swung by my brother's city and spent the night. He was also hosting my parents that weekend, so we all went out to dinner. We went to a Japanese restaurant where my brother works at part-time. We got extra special treatment, and the young ladies who were working that evening just adored Andersen. He flirted right back!

WOW!! Andersen's eyes just got really wide when he saw what Mommy ordered. A super family sized Sushi platter!! (No, I didn't eat it all by myself. I had a lot of help.) It was superb!
You may wonder what this pic is all about. This is how we found Andersen the next morning. He had slept between ,e and Hendrik, but must've flipped around to where his head ended up at our feet. Doesn't he look relaxed?? We didn't pose him!!!

And finally, to top off our short but sweet family vacation, we had breakfast all together at IHOP. Andersen flirted with the waitress here too.
No comments:
Post a Comment