Saturday, November 10, 2007

Blogs Schmogs

Haha.. ha.. I have kind of gotten behind on my bloggin'. I have a few things to catch everyone up on. Let me start with Hendrik's surprise birthday party we had at the end of August. It was the weekend after the flooding and although we weren't impacted here at home, the community was quite devastated. Despite that, we were able to have many guests still make it and it was a grande time. Hendrik was TOTALLY surprised. That was the best part.

Hendrik is taken by surprise. Everyone was waiting in the backyard, and yelled out "surprise!"

The Birthday cake I ordered from a lady who makes custom cakes. I would've made one myself, but wouldn't have been able to hide it. It was half chocolate and half marble.

A friend lent their tent to us. It was such a great way to create outdoor space, we decided to buy one ourselves! I made a hanging banner (you can't see it well in the pic) that says "Happy 30th Birthday Hendrik."



We had friends from our church, my family, Hendrik's co-workers, and also long-time friends from college days. And of course there was no shortage of kids Andersen's age so he had tons of fun too.

No comments: