Bang! And they're off... Thanksgiving has a way of starting off the Holidays season in a sense of urgency. Oh, it's a wonderful time to gather with family and friends and reflect on the things we're most grateful for in our lives. We had a great Thanksgiving with my parents and siblings at our house. But I couldn't help but think while we ate our turkey: there's only a month until Christmas (I gotta get my Christmas shopping done soon!), meaning there's only a little over a month until the end of the year, and then there's another year gone by, so what exactly have I accomplished in 2006??
I'll be pondering that question as I race around the next few weeks. I haven't even gotten our Christmas tree up yet! We have the great obstacle of making it baby-proof this year. I've decided to place the tree behind a few strategically placed furniture, so Andersen can surely see the twinkling lights and colorful ornaments, just not be able to reach out and pull them all down. Once I get the tree done then I can focus my energy on cards. For those who do not know, I am now an official Stampin' Up Demonstrator. I've been hand-creating my Christmas cards for 2 years now, but this year I will have more resources at my fingertips to make the best card yet. Now if I can only set up my work area where Andersen can't get to it... And then there are the gifts I have yet to buy or make. Do you see the sense of urgency here?? Of course, there's also the fact that I am the epitome of a Procrastinator... Maybe that has a lot to do with my panic.
I guess I have one less thing to worry about. A family portrait. To keep costs down, we asked my sister Akiko to take our family portrait during Thanksgiving weekend at our house. She's not a professional, but she loves to take pictures and can be quite particular about lighting and posing, so I figure she's the next best thing - and free! Here are a few that I decided NOT to use for obvious reasons:
I'll be pondering that question as I race around the next few weeks. I haven't even gotten our Christmas tree up yet! We have the great obstacle of making it baby-proof this year. I've decided to place the tree behind a few strategically placed furniture, so Andersen can surely see the twinkling lights and colorful ornaments, just not be able to reach out and pull them all down. Once I get the tree done then I can focus my energy on cards. For those who do not know, I am now an official Stampin' Up Demonstrator. I've been hand-creating my Christmas cards for 2 years now, but this year I will have more resources at my fingertips to make the best card yet. Now if I can only set up my work area where Andersen can't get to it... And then there are the gifts I have yet to buy or make. Do you see the sense of urgency here?? Of course, there's also the fact that I am the epitome of a Procrastinator... Maybe that has a lot to do with my panic.
I guess I have one less thing to worry about. A family portrait. To keep costs down, we asked my sister Akiko to take our family portrait during Thanksgiving weekend at our house. She's not a professional, but she loves to take pictures and can be quite particular about lighting and posing, so I figure she's the next best thing - and free! Here are a few that I decided NOT to use for obvious reasons:
Let's see if we survive another season of mad dashes to the malls, furious baking in the kitchen, and hand-cramping all-night sessions of card making. Happy Holidays!



1 comment:
Baby proof the tree? Good luck! When I was younger, my dad wired the tree to the wall and my baby sister still pulled it down twice!! Actually, we didn't have too much trouble with Ben last year (he was crawling and pulling himself up, but not walking like Andersen). Whenever he reached up for the tree (it was a real one), he "pricked" his hand on the needles and we said "OUCH" in a loud, urgent voice. He would startle, stop, and look at us. By Christmas, anytime we saw an evergreen tree, he would point and say "OUCH", like that's what they were called. I don't know what he'll do this year with our "Christmas Ouch". (I DO still use the word OUCH whenever he's going to touch something that will hurt him, like the stove- it's less confusing than NO, because it has a more specific meaning- "No because that will hurt!" instead of "No because mommy said so", which is way less important!
Try to relax and enjoy your December! Don't buy too many toys for Andersen... your family will take care of that!
Love Beth
Post a Comment