Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Allergies and sleep deprivation

Yes, tis the season for sneezing, sniffling, coughing, itchy-watery eyes, and the all mighty crippling sinus headache that grips my head in a vise until my teeth hurt! I am there.

On other topics, I am becoming a bit sleep deprived this week. It is our semi-annual children's consignment sale time at the church and since yesterday we've been checking items in from sellers. I was at the church last night and tonight, from 3:15pm until 9:15pm. Tomorrow, there's a break, and we get to start shopping (bonus for being a volunteer at the event)! There is a Thomas pull-along duffle bag that caught my eye for Andersen. Perfect for those trips to Grandma's.

Thursday thru Sat is the public sale, and boy they had better come. We have a gymnasium bursting at the seams with all the stuff to sell. I'm planning to work Thursday's sale (4-8pm) and Sat's sale (9am-12pm), then into the afternoon that day when we clear up the leftovers. It's a LOT of work, but with enough hands to help, it goes quickly and efficiently.

So, as I type this, I continue to contribute to my sleep deprivation, and think, I should really get to sleep now.

No comments: